Gas explosion kills 1, hurts 2 at Venezuela gym
Caracas: Venezuelan authorities say a gas leak caused an explosion in a gym just after a judo competition in the mining town of Puerto Ordaz. Officials say a journalist was killed and two other people were injured.
Sports Minister Alejandra Benitez says the blast occurred Monday afternoon in a stall that was selling drinks and food at the competition. She blames a gas leak in the stall`s kitchen.
Benitez tells Venezuelan Television that journalist Ivette Rebolledo died while being taken to the hospital. The minister says one of the injured is a 12-year-old girl who was one of participating athletes. No information has been released on the other injured person.
Puerto Ordaz is about 650 kilometers (400 miles) southeast of Caracas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Uber and Pandora partner to offer music to drivers
- AirAsia India launches promotional fares starting at Rs 786 for one-way domestic trips
- Edward Snowden loses lawsuit against Norway to prevent extradition
- This summer, fight Melanoma with some simple tricks!
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.