Gas explosion kills 1, hurts 2 at Venezuela gym
Caracas: Venezuelan authorities say a gas leak caused an explosion in a gym just after a judo competition in the mining town of Puerto Ordaz. Officials say a journalist was killed and two other people were injured.
Sports Minister Alejandra Benitez says the blast occurred Monday afternoon in a stall that was selling drinks and food at the competition. She blames a gas leak in the stall`s kitchen.
Benitez tells Venezuelan Television that journalist Ivette Rebolledo died while being taken to the hospital. The minister says one of the injured is a 12-year-old girl who was one of participating athletes. No information has been released on the other injured person.
Puerto Ordaz is about 650 kilometers (400 miles) southeast of Caracas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof