Gunmen kill 11 in northern Nigeria
Abuja: Eleven people have been killed in a house-to-house raid by gunmen in Nigeria`s northern state of Adamawa, police said.
"We have information that 11 people lost their lives in Midlu village including two private security men" police spokesman Mohammed Ibrahim said yesterday.
The security men were killed at the house of the Adamawa Deputy Governor Bala James Ngilari though he was not at the home at the time, Ibrahim added.
The attack took place yesterday and witnesses said assailants called their victims by name before killing them by gun shots or slashing their throats.
An Islamic radical sect, Boko Haram has carried out similar attacks including suicide bombings in northern Nigeria.
The group says it wants to establish an Islamic Caliphate in the oil rich African country and has succeeded in killing thousands of people since 2009 when it commenced hostilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29