Gunmen kill 11 in northern Nigeria
Abuja: Eleven people have been killed in a house-to-house raid by gunmen in Nigeria`s northern state of Adamawa, police said.
"We have information that 11 people lost their lives in Midlu village including two private security men" police spokesman Mohammed Ibrahim said yesterday.
The security men were killed at the house of the Adamawa Deputy Governor Bala James Ngilari though he was not at the home at the time, Ibrahim added.
The attack took place yesterday and witnesses said assailants called their victims by name before killing them by gun shots or slashing their throats.
An Islamic radical sect, Boko Haram has carried out similar attacks including suicide bombings in northern Nigeria.
The group says it wants to establish an Islamic Caliphate in the oil rich African country and has succeeded in killing thousands of people since 2009 when it commenced hostilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!