Hagel calls Japanese defence minister, NATO chief
Washington: Continuing with his outreach with foreign leaders, newly-appointed US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel called his Japanese counterpart and the NATO Secretary General and maintained the country`s partnership commitments in Asia and Europe, his spokesman has said.
"In the past two days, Hagel called Minister of Defence Itsunori Onodera of Japan and NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little told reporters here on Thursday.
During the conversation, Hagel made clear that the United States will continue to maintain strong alliance and enduring partnership commitments in Asia and Europe, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!