Hagel calls Japanese defence minister, NATO chief
Washington: Continuing with his outreach with foreign leaders, newly-appointed US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel called his Japanese counterpart and the NATO Secretary General and maintained the country`s partnership commitments in Asia and Europe, his spokesman has said.
"In the past two days, Hagel called Minister of Defence Itsunori Onodera of Japan and NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little told reporters here on Thursday.
During the conversation, Hagel made clear that the United States will continue to maintain strong alliance and enduring partnership commitments in Asia and Europe, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory