Hagel calls Japanese defence minister, NATO chief
Washington: Continuing with his outreach with foreign leaders, newly-appointed US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel called his Japanese counterpart and the NATO Secretary General and maintained the country`s partnership commitments in Asia and Europe, his spokesman has said.
"In the past two days, Hagel called Minister of Defence Itsunori Onodera of Japan and NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little told reporters here on Thursday.
During the conversation, Hagel made clear that the United States will continue to maintain strong alliance and enduring partnership commitments in Asia and Europe, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`