Hagel calls Japanese defence minister, NATO chief
Washington: Continuing with his outreach with foreign leaders, newly-appointed US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel called his Japanese counterpart and the NATO Secretary General and maintained the country`s partnership commitments in Asia and Europe, his spokesman has said.
"In the past two days, Hagel called Minister of Defence Itsunori Onodera of Japan and NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little told reporters here on Thursday.
During the conversation, Hagel made clear that the United States will continue to maintain strong alliance and enduring partnership commitments in Asia and Europe, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details