Hagel calls Japanese defence minister, NATO chief
Washington: Continuing with his outreach with foreign leaders, newly-appointed US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel called his Japanese counterpart and the NATO Secretary General and maintained the country`s partnership commitments in Asia and Europe, his spokesman has said.
"In the past two days, Hagel called Minister of Defence Itsunori Onodera of Japan and NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen," Pentagon Press Secretary George Little told reporters here on Thursday.
During the conversation, Hagel made clear that the United States will continue to maintain strong alliance and enduring partnership commitments in Asia and Europe, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued