Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of raping patient
London: A 29-year-old healthcare worker has been detained in Britain after a woman patient alleged that he raped her at a hospital.
The woman, in her 20s, who was being treated at the St Richard`s Hospital in West Sussex, complained to the staff against a worker.
Police said they received a report from the hospital on January 10 that the woman had made an allegation to hospital staff of rape by the worker, who is not a doctor or a nurse, at the hospital overnight.
Detective Chief Inspector Dave Wardley-Wilkins from the West Sussex CID said: "We are in the early stages of a full investigation. Officers are continuing their enquiries and are receiving full cooperation from Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust".
"The victim is receiving help and support from specially trained police officers."
The suspect from Chichester was arrested at around 9 pm on Thursday evening and has been suspended from work.
He remains in custody where he is being interviewed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?