Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of raping patient
London: A 29-year-old healthcare worker has been detained in Britain after a woman patient alleged that he raped her at a hospital.
The woman, in her 20s, who was being treated at the St Richard`s Hospital in West Sussex, complained to the staff against a worker.
Police said they received a report from the hospital on January 10 that the woman had made an allegation to hospital staff of rape by the worker, who is not a doctor or a nurse, at the hospital overnight.
Detective Chief Inspector Dave Wardley-Wilkins from the West Sussex CID said: "We are in the early stages of a full investigation. Officers are continuing their enquiries and are receiving full cooperation from Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust".
"The victim is receiving help and support from specially trained police officers."
The suspect from Chichester was arrested at around 9 pm on Thursday evening and has been suspended from work.
He remains in custody where he is being interviewed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped