Iran actively working on nuke weapon: IAEA
Washington: Iran is actively working on developing a nuclear weapon, the latest report by the United Nations nuclear watchdog has said.
The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency`s (IAEA) said warned about ‘Iran constructing a nuclear explosive device’.
“The agency has obtained more information,” the November 16 report by Yukia Amano, director general of the IAEA Amano said.
“Iran has carried out activities that are relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device…that prior to the end of 2003 the activities took place under a structured program; that some continued after 2003; and that some may still be ongoing,” it added.
According to Fox News, these findings, presented to the IAEA board of governors, undergirded a broader conclusion that UN inspectors cannot verify that “all nuclear material in Iran is (being used) in peaceful activities.”
Amano also stressed that, ‘Tehran’s intransigence in ongoing talks aimed at resolving these and other concerns, including a lack of access to key sites, has “seriously undermined the Agency’ ability to undertake effective verification,’ the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- National Ranking to have separate parameters for IISERs: Smriti Irani
- Hizb commander who blasted Kashmir telecom towers killed
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video