Iran could strike US bases if Israel attacks N-facility: Hezbollah
London: Militant group Hezbollah has warned that Iran could strike American bases in the Middle East if the Israelis strike its nuclear facilities.
“A decision has been taken to respond and the response will be very great,” Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, the leader of Lebanon`s Iranian-backed group, said in an interview with Al Mayadeen television.
“``The response will not be just inside the Israeli entity - American bases in the whole region could be Iranian targets,” he said.
"If Israel targets Iran, America bears responsibility,” he added.
According to the Daily Mail, Nasrallah, however, pointed out that there were divisions in Israel over attacking Iran`s nuclear facilities.
“Personally, I do not expect the Israeli enemy - at least in the coming months or foreseeable future - (to wage) an attack on the Islamic Republic of Iran,” he said.
Nasrallah`s warning came after Israeli’s biggest-selling newspaper claimed that America has secretly negotiated with Iran to keep the US out of a future Israel-Iran war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video