Iran could strike US bases if Israel attacks N-facility: Hezbollah
London: Militant group Hezbollah has warned that Iran could strike American bases in the Middle East if the Israelis strike its nuclear facilities.
“A decision has been taken to respond and the response will be very great,” Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, the leader of Lebanon`s Iranian-backed group, said in an interview with Al Mayadeen television.
“``The response will not be just inside the Israeli entity - American bases in the whole region could be Iranian targets,” he said.
"If Israel targets Iran, America bears responsibility,” he added.
According to the Daily Mail, Nasrallah, however, pointed out that there were divisions in Israel over attacking Iran`s nuclear facilities.
“Personally, I do not expect the Israeli enemy - at least in the coming months or foreseeable future - (to wage) an attack on the Islamic Republic of Iran,” he said.
Nasrallah`s warning came after Israeli’s biggest-selling newspaper claimed that America has secretly negotiated with Iran to keep the US out of a future Israel-Iran war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof