Iran could strike US bases if Israel attacks N-facility: Hezbollah
London: Militant group Hezbollah has warned that Iran could strike American bases in the Middle East if the Israelis strike its nuclear facilities.
“A decision has been taken to respond and the response will be very great,” Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, the leader of Lebanon`s Iranian-backed group, said in an interview with Al Mayadeen television.
“``The response will not be just inside the Israeli entity - American bases in the whole region could be Iranian targets,” he said.
"If Israel targets Iran, America bears responsibility,” he added.
According to the Daily Mail, Nasrallah, however, pointed out that there were divisions in Israel over attacking Iran`s nuclear facilities.
“Personally, I do not expect the Israeli enemy - at least in the coming months or foreseeable future - (to wage) an attack on the Islamic Republic of Iran,” he said.
Nasrallah`s warning came after Israeli’s biggest-selling newspaper claimed that America has secretly negotiated with Iran to keep the US out of a future Israel-Iran war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan