Iran could strike US bases if Israel attacks N-facility: Hezbollah
London: Militant group Hezbollah has warned that Iran could strike American bases in the Middle East if the Israelis strike its nuclear facilities.
“A decision has been taken to respond and the response will be very great,” Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, the leader of Lebanon`s Iranian-backed group, said in an interview with Al Mayadeen television.
“``The response will not be just inside the Israeli entity - American bases in the whole region could be Iranian targets,” he said.
"If Israel targets Iran, America bears responsibility,” he added.
According to the Daily Mail, Nasrallah, however, pointed out that there were divisions in Israel over attacking Iran`s nuclear facilities.
“Personally, I do not expect the Israeli enemy - at least in the coming months or foreseeable future - (to wage) an attack on the Islamic Republic of Iran,” he said.
Nasrallah`s warning came after Israeli’s biggest-selling newspaper claimed that America has secretly negotiated with Iran to keep the US out of a future Israel-Iran war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users