Iran tells UN agency reactor unscathed from quake
Vienna: The UN atomic agency says that based on information supplied by Iran it is satisfied that that the country`s Bushehr nuclear plant was left unscathed by an earthquake that reportedly killed seven people.
The International Atomic Energy Agency said today that it is not seeking further information, based on Iran`s assessment and considering the location and strength of the quake.
The earthquake hit yesterday, some 60 kilometres (about 40 miles) north of the nuclear power plant, which is near the port city of the same name. State television subsequently reported the seven deaths and said the plant was not damaged.
In April, a 6.1-magnitude earthquake killed at least 37 people and injured hundreds in a town near Bushehr. The nuclear plant wasn`t damaged then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS