Iran tells UN agency reactor unscathed from quake
Vienna: The UN atomic agency says that based on information supplied by Iran it is satisfied that that the country`s Bushehr nuclear plant was left unscathed by an earthquake that reportedly killed seven people.
The International Atomic Energy Agency said today that it is not seeking further information, based on Iran`s assessment and considering the location and strength of the quake.
The earthquake hit yesterday, some 60 kilometres (about 40 miles) north of the nuclear power plant, which is near the port city of the same name. State television subsequently reported the seven deaths and said the plant was not damaged.
In April, a 6.1-magnitude earthquake killed at least 37 people and injured hundreds in a town near Bushehr. The nuclear plant wasn`t damaged then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators