Iran tells UN agency reactor unscathed from quake
Vienna: The UN atomic agency says that based on information supplied by Iran it is satisfied that that the country`s Bushehr nuclear plant was left unscathed by an earthquake that reportedly killed seven people.
The International Atomic Energy Agency said today that it is not seeking further information, based on Iran`s assessment and considering the location and strength of the quake.
The earthquake hit yesterday, some 60 kilometres (about 40 miles) north of the nuclear power plant, which is near the port city of the same name. State television subsequently reported the seven deaths and said the plant was not damaged.
In April, a 6.1-magnitude earthquake killed at least 37 people and injured hundreds in a town near Bushehr. The nuclear plant wasn`t damaged then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona