Iran tells UN agency reactor unscathed from quake
Vienna: The UN atomic agency says that based on information supplied by Iran it is satisfied that that the country`s Bushehr nuclear plant was left unscathed by an earthquake that reportedly killed seven people.
The International Atomic Energy Agency said today that it is not seeking further information, based on Iran`s assessment and considering the location and strength of the quake.
The earthquake hit yesterday, some 60 kilometres (about 40 miles) north of the nuclear power plant, which is near the port city of the same name. State television subsequently reported the seven deaths and said the plant was not damaged.
In April, a 6.1-magnitude earthquake killed at least 37 people and injured hundreds in a town near Bushehr. The nuclear plant wasn`t damaged then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- At least 13 dead in Vietnam bus smash