India suffers losses of $9.8 billion every year owing to multi-hazard disasters as 58.6 percent of its land is prone to earthquakes and 8.5 percent vulnerable to cyclone, as per a UN estimate.
The International Monetary Fund said Thursday it was ready to extend aid to Nepal to help it begin rebuilding after a devastating earthquake that left nearly 6,000 dead.
Industry body CII has constituted a task force to assist in relief work in earthquake-ravaged areas in Nepal and affected parts of India.
Industry body FICCI Sunday said it has joined hands with the government to extend relief to quake -hit Nepal.
Indian companies operating in the earthquake-hit Nepal Sunday said there has not been any major imapct on their operations in the Himalyan nation.
A day after quakes rocked Chile and US` California, a major earthquake measuring 6.9 on the Richter scale struck a sparsely populated area of central Peru early on Sunday, the US Geological Survey said.
A 6.0-magnitude earthquake rocked California`s scenic Napa Valley wine country Sunday, the strongest to hit the region in a quarter of a century, seriously injuring three and jolting thousands from their sleep.
An earthquake measuring 4.1 on the Richter scale hit the Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand on Sunday.
A strong 6.0-magnitude earthquake jolted California early Sunday morning, the US Geological Survey said, though there were no immediate reports of deaths or serious damage.
Two strong earthquakes on Sunday shook Iceland`s largest volcano, which is on red alert for imminent risk of eruption, the Icelandic Met Office said.
Chile was rocked by a strong earthquake measuring 6.6 on the Richter scale early on Sunday.
A 5-magnitude earthquake hit parts of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday. No loss of life or damage to property has been reported so far.
Iran`s official news agency is reporting a 6.1-magnitude earthquake today hit a sparsely populated mountainous area near the Iraqi border.
The quake hit at a depth of 16.4 km, said USGS, which calculated it struck around 1,140 km east of the capital Port Louis.
At least three persons were injured today after a moderate 5.1 magnitude earthquake struck Yongshan County of China`s southwestern Sichuan province.
A moderate 5.1 magnitude earthquake struck China`s southwestern Sichuan province early Sunday, US geologists said, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
A major national project involving deep drilling in the earthquake-prone Koyna intra-plate seismic zone in Maharashtra has been initiated by the central government for conducting scientific studies related to earthquakes, a statement said Thursday.
The US Geological Survey says a magnitude 5.8 earthquake has struck the southwestern Mexican state of Oaxaca.
A shallow 5.1-magnitude earthquake struck the Ecuadoran capital Quito Tuesday, triggering landslides that killed at least two people and violently shaking buildings and homes.
An earthquake measured at a preliminary magnitude of 5.1 has rattled Ecuador`s capital and surrounding areas, causing tall buildings to sway and sending people scurrying into the streets.
A 6.0-magnitude earthquake struck off northern Japan on Sunday, the US Geological Survey said, but Japanese authorities did not issue a tsunami warning and there were no immediate reports of damage.
President Pranab Mukherjee has conveyed his "sincere grief" and "sympathy" over the loss of life and property in the earthquake that jolted China on August 3.
An earthquake of 6.3 magnitude struck off East Timor on Wednesday, the US Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
A 5.3 magnitude earthquake hit central South Africa on Tuesday, killing at least one man who died when a wall collapsed on top of him, according to emergency services.
A 5.0-magnitude earthquake today jolted Xigatze Prefecture in Tibet close to Indian and Nepal borders.
The epicenter was monitored at a depth of 10 km, the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC) said.
Six people were killed and hundreds injured as panic gripped areas of the Algerian capital when an earthquake of 5.6 magnitude struck offshore early today, an emergency official said.
A 6.3-magnitude earthquake struck eastern Mexico on Tuesday, shaking buildings as far as the capital and rousing people out of their beds at dawn.
An earthquake with magnitude of 5.5 hit off the coast of North Andaman island.
A moderate 5.8-magnitude earthquake struck Papua New Guinea early today, US seismologists said.
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- PM Modi praises Zee News for Kanpur's Noorjahan story
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- Watch: Top 10 News @9:30 am
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Court's decision to criminalise gay sex needs reconsideration: Jaitley
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: What Varun Dhawan's little fan says to him for 'Dilwale'!
- Spirituality: Chant these 13 mantras for Surya Namaskar!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic
- Kajol, Kriti find tough to match Varun, Shah Rukh Khan's dance moves
- Don't think freedom of expression ever been so threatened: Nandita Das