‘Israel deploys improved Arrow-2 interceptor missiles`
Jerusalem: As prospects of confrontation with Iran loomed large, Israel on Monday said it had deployed improved version of Arrow-2 missiles capable of intercepting medium range missiles of Syria and Iran.
The new system called `Block 4` was being installed in missile batteries, The Jerusalem Post reported.
The paper said the new would improve accuracy in intercepting medium-range missiles such as Iran`s "Shahab" and "Sejil," as well as Scud Ds held by Syria.
The Arrow-2 is Israel`s upper tier missile defence system, complemented by the Iron Dome for short-range rockets and the David`s Sling, which is under development and to be used against medium-range rockets and cruise missiles.
In the coming months, the Defence Ministry plans to hold its first interception test of the Arrow 3, a new higher-level system that will provide Israel with a number of chances to intercept incoming enemy missiles.
The US has given up to 80 per cent of the funding for the first-generation Arrow system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'