‘Israel deploys improved Arrow-2 interceptor missiles`
Jerusalem: As prospects of confrontation with Iran loomed large, Israel on Monday said it had deployed improved version of Arrow-2 missiles capable of intercepting medium range missiles of Syria and Iran.
The new system called `Block 4` was being installed in missile batteries, The Jerusalem Post reported.
The paper said the new would improve accuracy in intercepting medium-range missiles such as Iran`s "Shahab" and "Sejil," as well as Scud Ds held by Syria.
The Arrow-2 is Israel`s upper tier missile defence system, complemented by the Iron Dome for short-range rockets and the David`s Sling, which is under development and to be used against medium-range rockets and cruise missiles.
In the coming months, the Defence Ministry plans to hold its first interception test of the Arrow 3, a new higher-level system that will provide Israel with a number of chances to intercept incoming enemy missiles.
The US has given up to 80 per cent of the funding for the first-generation Arrow system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside
- Japanese parents leave son in mountains as punishment, now a massive search in underway