‘Israel deploys improved Arrow-2 interceptor missiles`
Jerusalem: As prospects of confrontation with Iran loomed large, Israel on Monday said it had deployed improved version of Arrow-2 missiles capable of intercepting medium range missiles of Syria and Iran.
The new system called `Block 4` was being installed in missile batteries, The Jerusalem Post reported.
The paper said the new would improve accuracy in intercepting medium-range missiles such as Iran`s "Shahab" and "Sejil," as well as Scud Ds held by Syria.
The Arrow-2 is Israel`s upper tier missile defence system, complemented by the Iron Dome for short-range rockets and the David`s Sling, which is under development and to be used against medium-range rockets and cruise missiles.
In the coming months, the Defence Ministry plans to hold its first interception test of the Arrow 3, a new higher-level system that will provide Israel with a number of chances to intercept incoming enemy missiles.
The US has given up to 80 per cent of the funding for the first-generation Arrow system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Rio Olympics 2016: Stupid to talk about hockey team's medal hopes, says Viren Rasquinha
- Putting past discrimination behind, Dutee Chand targets medal at Rio Olympics
- PM Narendra Modi posts video message on Facebook; it's MUST WATCH for UP residents
- Two more arrested over links with Nice attacker
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside