Japan clarifies report on North Korean missile launches
Tokyo: While confirming North Korea`s missile launches on Saturday, the Japanese government clarified none of the missiles landed in its territorial waters, Xinhua reported.
South Korea`s Yonhap News Agency, citing its country`s defence ministry, had reported that North Korea launched three short-range guided missiles into the Sea of Japan.
The ministry had detected two missiles being launched in the morning and the last one was in the afternoon, it was reported.
A day earlier, the Japanese media reported that Tokyo planed to permanently deploy interceptors capable of shooting down North Korean missiles.
On April 7, Japanese Defence Minister Itsunori Onodera had ordered the Self-Defense Forces to shoot down North Korean missiles in the event any one of them was fired.
It had also deployed the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 interceptors at the Defence ministry compound in Tokyo`s Ichigaya April 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH