Sony Corp Chief Executive Kazuo Hirai does not see the November cyber attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment causing major upheaval in the studio`s business.
Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai has broken his silence on the hacking of the corporation`s computer systems which has been blamed on North Korea, describing the attack as "vicious and malicious".
US President Barack Obama signed an executive order, imposing new sanctions against the government of North Korea in response to what he called Pyongyang`s "numerous provocations," particularly the cyber attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Sony Pictures has threatened Twitter with legal action unless it removes confidential material stolen from the movie company's computers that someone has posted on the social networking site.
The US, which had blamed North Korea for a cyber attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment, Monday demanded that the communist country should compensate for the losses, resulting from the attack.
The US on Friday blamed North Korea for the cyber-attack on Hollywood movie studio Sony Pictures in which confidential information was leaked by hackers.
US authorities have connected North Korea to the cyber-attack on Sony Pictures, media reports have said, hours after the company announced it had scrapped the release of "The Interview" following threats of terror attacks in cinemas screening the comedy film.
The Pyongyang government`s state-run media said the cyber attack on Sony`s Hollywood studio may have been the work of pro-North Korean supporters in a report on Sunday that dismissed charges that the country itself was to blame as "wild rumor."
People close to the investigation have told Reuters that North Korea is a principal suspect in the cyber attack, yet a North Korean diplomat has denied that Pyongyang is involved.
North Korea is a principal suspect in the cyber attack on Sony Pictures, a US national security source told Reuters on Thursday, while a North Korean diplomat denied Pyongyang was behind the crippling hack.
The longest railway tunnel in the north east on the newly constructed Lumding-Silchar broad gauge line in Assam has been scooped out, said Northeast Frontier Railway officials.
South Korea has re-joined thorny negotiations over North Korea`s participation at next month`s Asian Games after the North agreed to scale down the size of its delegation last week, state media reported on Tuesday.
Chinese police have detected dozens of cross-border tunnels with the help of a high definition satellite in troubled Muslim-majority Xinjiang province as well as northeast area bordering North Korea.
North Korea will hold new talks with South Korea about taking part in the Incheon Asian Games after slashing the size of its delegation, a government official said on Friday.
In its latest personal attack on a prominent official from a rival country, North Korea on today called US Secretary of State John Kerry a wolf with a "hideous lantern jaw."
North Korea hopes to harness the power of sport to raise its image on the world stage through international competitions such as the Olympic Games, and to bolster labour output and national defence by improving its citizens` well-being, the head of a North Korean sports delegation said on Wednesday.
Pope Francis on Monday called for peace and reconciliation on the divided Korean peninsula and sent a further message of goodwill to China, wrapping-up a five day trip to South Korea and the first papal visit to Asia in 15 years.
Francis made his comments, some of them unscripted, in an address to about 70 bishops from 35 Asian countries gathered in the town of Haeme, south of Seoul, on the next-to-last day of his trip to South Korea.
North Korea warned Sunday of a "merciless" pre-emptive strike as it blasted upcoming joint US-South Korean military exercises as a rehearsal for nuclear war.
Pope Francis warned of the "cancer" of despair that afflicts outwardly affluent societies and called on South Korean Catholics to reject "inhuman economic models" at a mass for 45,000 people on Friday on the first papal trip to Asia in 15 years.
Japan froze the assets of the operator of a North Korean ship seized for smuggling arms, the Foreign Ministry said, just as Tokyo is engaged in talks with Pyongyang to return Japanese citizens kidnapped by North Korean agents decades ago.
North Korea ridiculed suggestions that it had sought to upstage the visit of the "so-called pope" to South Korea by firing a series of short-range rockets as the pontiff flew into Seoul.
South Korean President Park Geun-Hye urged North Korea to accept Seoul`s offer for high-level talks, while condemning a recent series of "intolerable" rocket launches by the nuclear-armed neighbour.
Pope Francis met relatives of South Korea`s ferry disaster as 45,000 ecstatic people packed into a sports stadium for a mass on the first papal trip to Asia in 15 years.
Pope Francis said dialogue and not "displays of force" would bring peace to the divided Korean peninsula as he began a visit to South Korea that the nuclear-armed North marked with a series of rocket launches.
North Korea fired three short-range rockets off its east coast, South Korea`s Ministry of Defence said, shortly before Pope Francis arrived in Seoul on his first visit to Asia.
North Korea has come up with a "concrete proposal" that could reduce tensions in the region, Indonesia`s foreign minister said Wednesday after talks with his counterpart from the North.
Pope Francis will offer prayers for Korean reconciliation in Seoul next week, but they are unlikely to be heard in North Korea which pays lip-service to religious freedom but treats unsanctioned acts of devotion as criminal.
US Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday he was prepared to improve relations with North Korea, but warned of further pressure and isolation if it chose the path of confrontation.
South Korea today proposed a fresh round of high-level talks with North Korea to discuss another possible reunion for families separated by the 1950-53 Korean War.
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Delhi police arrests BSF Personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- On the eve of Pakistan match, Sourav Ganguly offered to resign as India captain in 2005
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- I've nothing to do with Shahrukh Khan-Kajol's chemistry in 'Dilwale': Varun Dhawan
- Decision on India-Pakistan series to be taken by PM Narendra Modi: Reports