Japan, France vow to enhance political, economic ties
Beijing: Visiting French President Francois Hollande and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe agreed here on Friday to enhance bilateral political and economic relations.
In a joint statement released after their summit, the two leaders agreed to promote bilateral political ties and form a "two plus two" dialogue between Foreign and Defense Ministers from the two countries.
Japan and France will also deepen their cooperation in counter-terrorism and nuclear non-proliferation, the statement said.
The two leaders agreed to accelerate ongoing talks for a Japan-EU free trade agreement as such an agreement will better serve the interests of both sides.
The two countries said they should promote exports of nuclear power facilities to emerging economies as exporting such technologies is one of the ways to drive Japan`s stagnant economy under Abe`s economic policies.
Abe and Hollande also agreed to further cooperate in the areas such as tackling climate change and continuously assisting African countries.
The two countries said that they will boost bilateral people-to-people exchanges and issued a five-year roadmap to guide the implementations of the statement.
Hollande is on a three-day state visit to Japan that started on Thursday. It is his first visit to the country since he was Elected President last May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan