`Japan must protect Chinese embassies, staff`
Beijing: Beijing has said that Japan should ensure safety of Chinese embassies and personnel within its territory, Xinhua reported.
The Chinese government`s reaction came following media reports stating threatening mail sent to the Chinese embassy in Tokyo Thursday.
China has asked Japan to take effective measures to guarantee safety for Chinese embassies and personnel in Japan in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, said the Foreign Ministry`s spokesperson Hong Lei Friday.
The country has expressed grave concern over its embassy getting a bullet in the post, Hong added.
As Saturday marks the 40th anniversary of normalisation of China-Japan relations, it should serve as an opportunity for the two countries to push forward their bilateral ties, Hong said.
The relations between the two countries have recently plummeted to their worst level in years over a chain of islands claimed by both countries.
The islands, known as the Senkaku to Japan and Diaoyu to China, have been at the centre of a dispute recently that has triggered violent anti-Japanese protests across China and caused Japanese companies to suspend operations in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?