Knife-wielding man kills one, injures six in China
Beijing: One person was killed and six others were injured when a 21-year-old knife wielding man went berserk in Chinese city of Shenzhen, randomly attacking people by slashing at their faces.
Video footage posted on social website showed the man armed with fairly long knife first attacked a woman walking along with her friend on the footpath yesterday in Baoan District of central town and cut her nose off.
As people began fleeing in panic he targeted another woman slashing at her face and targeted people who came his way, specially their faces and collars.
A middle aged man died of wounds and six others injured, a media report said today.
The young woman whose nose was cut off was being treated in hospital.
The attacker, who was identified as Qiang, was later arrested by police. He was stated to be angry over not finding a job.
Such random attacks, stated to be social revenge assaults, were reported from all over China in the recent past.
The attackers, often described by official media as people with mental health problems, targeted children in the schools
On December 25, a man drove his car right into a group of 23 students at middle school at Manchu Autonomous County of Fengning, Hebei province in a bid to mow them down.
Thirteen students were injured in the attack. He was stated to be angry over the murder of his daughter.
On December 14, a man armed with cleaver attacked children in a village in primary school in China`s Henan Province, injuring 23 of them.
He was stated to be suffering from epilepsy and disturbed by doomsday rumours that the world would come to an end by December 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown