Knife-wielding man kills one, injures six in China
Beijing: One person was killed and six others were injured when a 21-year-old knife wielding man went berserk in Chinese city of Shenzhen, randomly attacking people by slashing at their faces.
Video footage posted on social website showed the man armed with fairly long knife first attacked a woman walking along with her friend on the footpath yesterday in Baoan District of central town and cut her nose off.
As people began fleeing in panic he targeted another woman slashing at her face and targeted people who came his way, specially their faces and collars.
A middle aged man died of wounds and six others injured, a media report said today.
The young woman whose nose was cut off was being treated in hospital.
The attacker, who was identified as Qiang, was later arrested by police. He was stated to be angry over not finding a job.
Such random attacks, stated to be social revenge assaults, were reported from all over China in the recent past.
The attackers, often described by official media as people with mental health problems, targeted children in the schools
On December 25, a man drove his car right into a group of 23 students at middle school at Manchu Autonomous County of Fengning, Hebei province in a bid to mow them down.
Thirteen students were injured in the attack. He was stated to be angry over the murder of his daughter.
On December 14, a man armed with cleaver attacked children in a village in primary school in China`s Henan Province, injuring 23 of them.
He was stated to be suffering from epilepsy and disturbed by doomsday rumours that the world would come to an end by December 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400