Magnetic bomb kills Syria ministry official: Reports
Damascus: A senior civil servant at Syria`s electricity ministry was killed by a magnetic bomb attached to his car on Wednesday in central Damascus, state news agency SANA reported.
"As part of a campaign of assassinations... terrorists fatally wounded Wednesday morning Mohamed Abdel Wahab Hassan, the director of planning at the electricity ministry, with an explosive device attached to his car," SANA said.
The incident took place in Baramke neighbourhood, the agency said, adding that Hassan "was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital".
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights confirmed the official`s death and said two people in the car were injured in the attack.
In recent weeks, senior civil servants in the Syrian government have been attack by gunmen using silenced weapons or targeted by magnetic bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'