Magnetic bomb kills Syria ministry official: Reports
Damascus: A senior civil servant at Syria`s electricity ministry was killed by a magnetic bomb attached to his car on Wednesday in central Damascus, state news agency SANA reported.
"As part of a campaign of assassinations... terrorists fatally wounded Wednesday morning Mohamed Abdel Wahab Hassan, the director of planning at the electricity ministry, with an explosive device attached to his car," SANA said.
The incident took place in Baramke neighbourhood, the agency said, adding that Hassan "was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital".
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights confirmed the official`s death and said two people in the car were injured in the attack.
In recent weeks, senior civil servants in the Syrian government have been attack by gunmen using silenced weapons or targeted by magnetic bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video