Magnetic bomb kills Syria ministry official: Reports
Damascus: A senior civil servant at Syria`s electricity ministry was killed by a magnetic bomb attached to his car on Wednesday in central Damascus, state news agency SANA reported.
"As part of a campaign of assassinations... terrorists fatally wounded Wednesday morning Mohamed Abdel Wahab Hassan, the director of planning at the electricity ministry, with an explosive device attached to his car," SANA said.
The incident took place in Baramke neighbourhood, the agency said, adding that Hassan "was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital".
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights confirmed the official`s death and said two people in the car were injured in the attack.
In recent weeks, senior civil servants in the Syrian government have been attack by gunmen using silenced weapons or targeted by magnetic bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools