Magnetic bomb kills Syria ministry official: Reports
Damascus: A senior civil servant at Syria`s electricity ministry was killed by a magnetic bomb attached to his car on Wednesday in central Damascus, state news agency SANA reported.
"As part of a campaign of assassinations... terrorists fatally wounded Wednesday morning Mohamed Abdel Wahab Hassan, the director of planning at the electricity ministry, with an explosive device attached to his car," SANA said.
The incident took place in Baramke neighbourhood, the agency said, adding that Hassan "was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital".
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights confirmed the official`s death and said two people in the car were injured in the attack.
In recent weeks, senior civil servants in the Syrian government have been attack by gunmen using silenced weapons or targeted by magnetic bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’