Magnitude-6 quake off Japan, No tsunami alert
New York: A magnitude-6.0 undersea earthquake hit off eastern Japan, the US Geological Survey reported. No tsunami alert was issued.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries from the quake, which the USGS said happened at 4:53 am today local time (1853 GMT yesterday).
The USGS said the quake hit some 107 kilometres (66 miles) east of Miyako, Japan, and some 327 kilometres (526 miles) northeast of Tokyo.
Japan`s Meteorological Agency and the US National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Agency issued no tsunami warnings or alert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight