Magnitude-6 quake off Japan, No tsunami alert
New York: A magnitude-6.0 undersea earthquake hit off eastern Japan, the US Geological Survey reported. No tsunami alert was issued.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries from the quake, which the USGS said happened at 4:53 am today local time (1853 GMT yesterday).
The USGS said the quake hit some 107 kilometres (66 miles) east of Miyako, Japan, and some 327 kilometres (526 miles) northeast of Tokyo.
Japan`s Meteorological Agency and the US National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Agency issued no tsunami warnings or alert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal