Magnitude-6 quake off Japan, No tsunami alert
New York: A magnitude-6.0 undersea earthquake hit off eastern Japan, the US Geological Survey reported. No tsunami alert was issued.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries from the quake, which the USGS said happened at 4:53 am today local time (1853 GMT yesterday).
The USGS said the quake hit some 107 kilometres (66 miles) east of Miyako, Japan, and some 327 kilometres (526 miles) northeast of Tokyo.
Japan`s Meteorological Agency and the US National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Agency issued no tsunami warnings or alert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’