Man charged with bomb threat at White House
Washington: A man has been arrested after police say he made a bomb threat outside the White House.
DC police spokesman Araz Alali says the man approached an officer at the White House gates this morning and warned that a bomb would detonate in a truck parked nearby.
Surrounding streets and the entrance to a nearby Metro rail station were shut down as the Secret Service inspected the vehicle for explosives.
Streets were reopened after nothing dangerous was found inside the truck.
The man has been identified as 44-year-old Krzysztof Wasik. He has been charged with making felony threats and is being held pending a court appearance.
It wasn`t immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror