Man charged with bomb threat at White House
Washington: A man has been arrested after police say he made a bomb threat outside the White House.
DC police spokesman Araz Alali says the man approached an officer at the White House gates this morning and warned that a bomb would detonate in a truck parked nearby.
Surrounding streets and the entrance to a nearby Metro rail station were shut down as the Secret Service inspected the vehicle for explosives.
Streets were reopened after nothing dangerous was found inside the truck.
The man has been identified as 44-year-old Krzysztof Wasik. He has been charged with making felony threats and is being held pending a court appearance.
It wasn`t immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning