Man charged with bomb threat at White House
Washington: A man has been arrested after police say he made a bomb threat outside the White House.
DC police spokesman Araz Alali says the man approached an officer at the White House gates this morning and warned that a bomb would detonate in a truck parked nearby.
Surrounding streets and the entrance to a nearby Metro rail station were shut down as the Secret Service inspected the vehicle for explosives.
Streets were reopened after nothing dangerous was found inside the truck.
The man has been identified as 44-year-old Krzysztof Wasik. He has been charged with making felony threats and is being held pending a court appearance.
It wasn`t immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS