Man held in China over fake plane bomb threats
Beijing: A man in China has been arrested for allegedly making false bomb threats that disrupted flights in five Chinese cities bound for Shanghai, police said on Saturday.
43-year-old man surnamed Ji, who was caught in Yancheng City of east China`s Jiangsu Province, admitted to making the prank calls yesterday, China Aviation Resources Net said.
From 5:22 pm to 5:25 pm yesterday, police in the cities of Beijing, Chongqing, Shanghai, Tianjin, and Guangzhou received phone calls claiming there were bombs on airplanes bound for Shanghai.
Police started an investigation immediately and caught Ji in less than two hours, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Ji is the second person to have made such hoax bomb threats this week that disrupted flights in China. A man is in police custody for allegedly making such calls on Wednesday.
Bomb threats made against three Chinese airlines on Wednesday affected five flights flying to Shenzhen.
On Thursday, police apprehended a male suspect who allegedly made the threats in Dongguan, of south China`s Guangdong Province.
At least 10 false bomb threats were reported in China last year, leading to significant losses for airlines and airports.
According to China`s criminal law and civil aviation law, those who intentionally disturb flight operations by fabricating and spreading terrorism-related information may receive punishments ranging from detention to a jail term of less than five years, or more than five years for those whose actions had severe consequence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks