Mexican journalist kidnapped, slain
Tijuana (Mexico): A journalist was abducted and murdered Monday in this Mexican border town, authorities said.
Ramon Abel Lopez Aguilar, 53, was a photographer and editor of the news Web site Tijuana Informativo.
His body was found on a street in Tijuana just hours after he was snatched from his home in the city`s Guaycura neighbourhood, the Baja California state Attorney General`s Office said.
Lopez Aguilar died of a single gunshot wound to the head, according to the official statement.
The body was identified by the victim`s family, who had called police earlier to report the pre-dawn kidnapping.
Around 80 news professionals have been murdered in Mexico since 2000, earning the country the dubious distinction of being one of the world`s most dangerous places for journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!