Mexican journalist kidnapped, slain
Tijuana (Mexico): A journalist was abducted and murdered Monday in this Mexican border town, authorities said.
Ramon Abel Lopez Aguilar, 53, was a photographer and editor of the news Web site Tijuana Informativo.
His body was found on a street in Tijuana just hours after he was snatched from his home in the city`s Guaycura neighbourhood, the Baja California state Attorney General`s Office said.
Lopez Aguilar died of a single gunshot wound to the head, according to the official statement.
The body was identified by the victim`s family, who had called police earlier to report the pre-dawn kidnapping.
Around 80 news professionals have been murdered in Mexico since 2000, earning the country the dubious distinction of being one of the world`s most dangerous places for journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 pilgrims killed in Bihar road accident
- Indian hacker uncovers Vine's source code, rewarded $10,080 by Twitter!
- Maharashtra to have panel on code of conduct for legislator
- Shiv Sena 'rotted' during 25 years of alliance with BJP: Uddhav Thackeray
- Feel sorry for using pellet guns against Kashmiri youth but have no other option: CRPF chief