Mexican journalist kidnapped, slain
Tijuana (Mexico): A journalist was abducted and murdered Monday in this Mexican border town, authorities said.
Ramon Abel Lopez Aguilar, 53, was a photographer and editor of the news Web site Tijuana Informativo.
His body was found on a street in Tijuana just hours after he was snatched from his home in the city`s Guaycura neighbourhood, the Baja California state Attorney General`s Office said.
Lopez Aguilar died of a single gunshot wound to the head, according to the official statement.
The body was identified by the victim`s family, who had called police earlier to report the pre-dawn kidnapping.
Around 80 news professionals have been murdered in Mexico since 2000, earning the country the dubious distinction of being one of the world`s most dangerous places for journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security