Mitt Romney enjoys ‘6-point lead` despite a fiery Obama
Washington: Despite the US President Barack Obama’s fired-up volley of attacks and defences at New York debate, rival republican Mitt Romney on Wednesday witnessed his biggest lead to date, according to a latest poll.
A day after the debate pundits branded Obama as the winner of the second Presidential debate at Long Island, a poll by Gallup came out with contrasting results.
According to the Gallup poll that releasing the results of its rolling seven-day average through October 16, the former Massachusetts governor is supported by 51 percent of the likely voters, while Obama has support of 45 percent only.
This does not take into account Tuesday`s debate in New York, in which Obama was a declared a winner, according to all the major snap polls.
Democrats yesterday asserted that Obama`s fiery performance would now be able to blunt the momentum of Romney, while the Republicans hoped that their candidate would be continue with the lead which began with the first presidential debate early this month.
The third and final debate is to be held next Monday in Florida.
Meanwhile a new poll released yesterday said that Romney has made gains in Wisconsin, where the race is now virtually tied between the two presidential candidates.
According to Marquette University Law School poll, which was conducted before Tuesday`s debate, 49 percent of the likely voters support Obama, while 48 percent support Romney in Wisconsin, which is the home State of his vice presidential running mate Paul Ryan.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday showed that Romney has support of 49 percent of voters nationwide, while Obama earns the vote from 48 percent.
With PTI Inputs
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'