N Korea to launch long-range rocket, S Korea issues warning
Pyongyang: While Democratic People`s Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Saturday announced its plan to launch another satellite in December after a failed attempt in April, South Korea was quick to issue a warning stating that it is actually a test of long-range missile, as per news agency report.
The South Korean authorities said that the testing of long-range missiles violated UN ban as it is an act of provocation, as per report.
The second version of Kwangmyongsong-3 will be launched from the Sohae Space Center in Cholsan County, North Phyongan Province, by the Unha-3 carrier rocket between Dec 10 and Dec 22, the official KCNA news agency said.
"Scientists and technicians of the DPRK analyzed the mistakes that were made during the previous April launch and deepened the work of improving the reliability and precision of the satellite and carrier rocket," the KCNA quoted a spokesman for the Korean Committee for Space Technology as saying.
The DPRK launched a Kwangmyongsong-3 on April 13 to mark the 100th birthday of late DPRK founder Kim Il Sung. The long-range rocket crashed into the sea after traveling a short distance.
The UN Security Council condemned the launch and demanded that Pyongyang fully comply with relevant resolutions and suspend all activities related to its ballistic missile program.
The KCNA said during the April launch, the DPRK ensured utmost transparency of the peaceful scientific and technological satellite launch and promoted international trust in space science researches.
Pyongyang will fully comply with relevant international rules during the December launch, it added.
(With Agencies Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30