North Korean leader’s ‘absent’ wife ‘reappears’ in public
London: The wife of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has made public appearances after being absent from the public eye for 50 days.
Ri Sol-ju attended a football match and a concert with her husband on Monday, the state-run media reported.
Ri watched a football match in the capital, Pyongyang, with Kim Jong-un, the report said.
According to the BBC, she was also seen attending a concert marking the 60th anniversary of the Kim Il-sung Military University with her husband.
“Marshall Kim Jong-un, the supreme leader of the party and the people, came to the spectators`` seats, accompanied by his wife Ri Sol-ju. At that moment, thunderous applause broke out,” the state-run media said.
Her absence had sparked speculation, including that she had fallen out of favour for some reason.
North Korea only confirmed Ri was Kim`s wife in July, a month after she was first seen in public with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi