North Korean leader’s ‘absent’ wife ‘reappears’ in public
London: The wife of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has made public appearances after being absent from the public eye for 50 days.
Ri Sol-ju attended a football match and a concert with her husband on Monday, the state-run media reported.
Ri watched a football match in the capital, Pyongyang, with Kim Jong-un, the report said.
According to the BBC, she was also seen attending a concert marking the 60th anniversary of the Kim Il-sung Military University with her husband.
“Marshall Kim Jong-un, the supreme leader of the party and the people, came to the spectators`` seats, accompanied by his wife Ri Sol-ju. At that moment, thunderous applause broke out,” the state-run media said.
Her absence had sparked speculation, including that she had fallen out of favour for some reason.
North Korea only confirmed Ri was Kim`s wife in July, a month after she was first seen in public with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- REVEALED: Pullela Gopichand's mother's SECRET advice which motivated PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth in Rio
- Leicester City ready to make further investments in squad: Official
- Two die as car swept by Yamuna
- Pakistani official visiting Belarus, Kazakhstan over NSG membership
- Anil Ambani's elder son Jai Anmol joins Reliance Capital board