North Korean leader’s ‘absent’ wife ‘reappears’ in public
London: The wife of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has made public appearances after being absent from the public eye for 50 days.
Ri Sol-ju attended a football match and a concert with her husband on Monday, the state-run media reported.
Ri watched a football match in the capital, Pyongyang, with Kim Jong-un, the report said.
According to the BBC, she was also seen attending a concert marking the 60th anniversary of the Kim Il-sung Military University with her husband.
“Marshall Kim Jong-un, the supreme leader of the party and the people, came to the spectators`` seats, accompanied by his wife Ri Sol-ju. At that moment, thunderous applause broke out,” the state-run media said.
Her absence had sparked speculation, including that she had fallen out of favour for some reason.
North Korea only confirmed Ri was Kim`s wife in July, a month after she was first seen in public with him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference