North Korean leader’s ‘absent’ wife ‘reappears’ in public
London: The wife of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has made public appearances after being absent from the public eye for 50 days.
Ri Sol-ju attended a football match and a concert with her husband on Monday, the state-run media reported.
Ri watched a football match in the capital, Pyongyang, with Kim Jong-un, the report said.
According to the BBC, she was also seen attending a concert marking the 60th anniversary of the Kim Il-sung Military University with her husband.
“Marshall Kim Jong-un, the supreme leader of the party and the people, came to the spectators`` seats, accompanied by his wife Ri Sol-ju. At that moment, thunderous applause broke out,” the state-run media said.
Her absence had sparked speculation, including that she had fallen out of favour for some reason.
North Korea only confirmed Ri was Kim`s wife in July, a month after she was first seen in public with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details