Obama to attend `Gangnam Style` rapper concert despite protests
London: US President Barack Obama will reportedly attend a charity concert where South Korean rapper PSY is scheduled to perform, who had participated in anti-American protests several years ago.
A spokesman said that the Obama family will attend the December 21 Christmas in Washington concert, as is custom, The Telegraph reports.
According to the paper, news reports cite two instances of the 34-year-old "Gangnam Style" rapper participating in concerts protesting the US military presence in South Korea during the early stages of the war in Iraq.
In a 2004 concert, PSY performs another act`s song about killing "Yankees" who have been torturing Iraqi captives and their families "slowly and painfully,” the paper said.
PSY, whose real name is Park Jae-sang, had, however, apologized and said the protests were part of a "deeply emotional" reaction to the war and the killing of two Korean school girls, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists