Obama to attend `Gangnam Style` rapper concert despite protests
London: US President Barack Obama will reportedly attend a charity concert where South Korean rapper PSY is scheduled to perform, who had participated in anti-American protests several years ago.
A spokesman said that the Obama family will attend the December 21 Christmas in Washington concert, as is custom, The Telegraph reports.
According to the paper, news reports cite two instances of the 34-year-old "Gangnam Style" rapper participating in concerts protesting the US military presence in South Korea during the early stages of the war in Iraq.
In a 2004 concert, PSY performs another act`s song about killing "Yankees" who have been torturing Iraqi captives and their families "slowly and painfully,” the paper said.
PSY, whose real name is Park Jae-sang, had, however, apologized and said the protests were part of a "deeply emotional" reaction to the war and the killing of two Korean school girls, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest