Obama to attend `Gangnam Style` rapper concert despite protests
London: US President Barack Obama will reportedly attend a charity concert where South Korean rapper PSY is scheduled to perform, who had participated in anti-American protests several years ago.
A spokesman said that the Obama family will attend the December 21 Christmas in Washington concert, as is custom, The Telegraph reports.
According to the paper, news reports cite two instances of the 34-year-old "Gangnam Style" rapper participating in concerts protesting the US military presence in South Korea during the early stages of the war in Iraq.
In a 2004 concert, PSY performs another act`s song about killing "Yankees" who have been torturing Iraqi captives and their families "slowly and painfully,” the paper said.
PSY, whose real name is Park Jae-sang, had, however, apologized and said the protests were part of a "deeply emotional" reaction to the war and the killing of two Korean school girls, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon