Palin accuses media of ``prostituting`` itself to gain access to Obama campaign
Washington: Sarah Palin has reportedly accused the media of “prostituting” itself, after American reporters failed to point out an alleged collaboration between US President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign and a super Political Action Committee (PAC) backing his White House bid.
“Some of these reporters who know the truth about this situation because they were in the room, listening to this, and now they’re watching this ad play out from the super PAC, they know what happened, and I don’t know how they can sleep at night,” Politico quoted Palin, as saying.
“They’re basically prostituting themselves for a job, for interview, for access to the Obama administration and the campaign. And they’re letting this go on, and it is illegal. It violates the PAC laws,” she added.
Palin was referring to an ad from the PAC, Priorities USA Action, which features Joe Soptic, a former Kansas City steelworker whose wife passed away from cancer soon after Soptic lost his health insurance after Romney`s company, Bain Capital, shut down his plant.
The pro-Obama ad by the PAC seemed to suggest that the Republican was responsible for a woman`s death.
The Obama campaign initially claimed not to know the story of Joe Soptic’s story, even though he was featured on a campaign conference call in May, but they eventually acknowledged knowing him.
Even though there has been no concrete evidence of coordination between Priorities USA Action and the Obama campaign, Palin said the president still deserves blame for campaign tactics she called “nauseating.”
“I think it’s disgusting. And at this point, you know, with all due respect to the office of the presidency, when I hear Barack Obama speak at this point, especially when he lectures about ethics and civility, it’s nauseating to me,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'