Palin accuses media of ``prostituting`` itself to gain access to Obama campaign
Washington: Sarah Palin has reportedly accused the media of “prostituting” itself, after American reporters failed to point out an alleged collaboration between US President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign and a super Political Action Committee (PAC) backing his White House bid.
“Some of these reporters who know the truth about this situation because they were in the room, listening to this, and now they’re watching this ad play out from the super PAC, they know what happened, and I don’t know how they can sleep at night,” Politico quoted Palin, as saying.
“They’re basically prostituting themselves for a job, for interview, for access to the Obama administration and the campaign. And they’re letting this go on, and it is illegal. It violates the PAC laws,” she added.
Palin was referring to an ad from the PAC, Priorities USA Action, which features Joe Soptic, a former Kansas City steelworker whose wife passed away from cancer soon after Soptic lost his health insurance after Romney`s company, Bain Capital, shut down his plant.
The pro-Obama ad by the PAC seemed to suggest that the Republican was responsible for a woman`s death.
The Obama campaign initially claimed not to know the story of Joe Soptic’s story, even though he was featured on a campaign conference call in May, but they eventually acknowledged knowing him.
Even though there has been no concrete evidence of coordination between Priorities USA Action and the Obama campaign, Palin said the president still deserves blame for campaign tactics she called “nauseating.”
“I think it’s disgusting. And at this point, you know, with all due respect to the office of the presidency, when I hear Barack Obama speak at this point, especially when he lectures about ethics and civility, it’s nauseating to me,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack