Plane evacuated at Montreal airport because of fire
Montreal: A Moroccan jetliner was evacuated at Montreal airport when fire broke out at the baggage conveyor at the rear of the aircraft, news reports said.
The Royal Air Maroc plane was carrying 250 passengers and a crew of eight, the newspaper La Presse said, quoting airport spokesman Francois-Nicolas Asseli.
Five people were hospitalized, it said. Some were hurt sliding down evacuation chutes or by smoke from the fire yesterday.
Video posted on Twitter showed thick smoke rising from the rear the of the plane, which had arrived from Casablanca.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling