Plane evacuated at Montreal airport because of fire
Montreal: A Moroccan jetliner was evacuated at Montreal airport when fire broke out at the baggage conveyor at the rear of the aircraft, news reports said.
The Royal Air Maroc plane was carrying 250 passengers and a crew of eight, the newspaper La Presse said, quoting airport spokesman Francois-Nicolas Asseli.
Five people were hospitalized, it said. Some were hurt sliding down evacuation chutes or by smoke from the fire yesterday.
Video posted on Twitter showed thick smoke rising from the rear the of the plane, which had arrived from Casablanca.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August