Police chief, deputy chief murdered in western Mexico
Mexico City: The police chief and deputy police chief of Tarimbaro, a city in the western Mexican state of Michoacan, were murdered, police said Wednesday.
The bodies of chief Luis Manuel Gonzalez Magaña and deputy chief Osvaldo Rendon Salcedo were found Tuesday afternoon after police received a report that two bodies were lying by an SUV parked behind the Las Chalupas bar in the community of Uruetaro.
Officers found the bodies of the two chiefs, who were holding their pistols and had been shot several times, by the vehicle.
Gonzalez Magaña and Rendon Salcedo had been reported missing Monday, police said.
Investigators are trying to determine the motive for the killings and find those responsible, the Michoacan attorney general`s office said.
Salvador Gonzalez Magaña, the former police chief in Tarimbaro and brother of Luis Manuel Gonzalez Magaña, was murdered in March, media reports said.
Michoacan has been rocked by a wave of drug-related violence in recent months.
Michoacan`s forests and mountains are used by drug traffickers to grow marijuana and produce synthetic drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan
- Will set up transit accommodations for Kashmiri Pandits till they feel safe to return: Mehbooba Mufti
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today