Police chief, deputy chief murdered in western Mexico
Mexico City: The police chief and deputy police chief of Tarimbaro, a city in the western Mexican state of Michoacan, were murdered, police said Wednesday.
The bodies of chief Luis Manuel Gonzalez Magaña and deputy chief Osvaldo Rendon Salcedo were found Tuesday afternoon after police received a report that two bodies were lying by an SUV parked behind the Las Chalupas bar in the community of Uruetaro.
Officers found the bodies of the two chiefs, who were holding their pistols and had been shot several times, by the vehicle.
Gonzalez Magaña and Rendon Salcedo had been reported missing Monday, police said.
Investigators are trying to determine the motive for the killings and find those responsible, the Michoacan attorney general`s office said.
Salvador Gonzalez Magaña, the former police chief in Tarimbaro and brother of Luis Manuel Gonzalez Magaña, was murdered in March, media reports said.
Michoacan has been rocked by a wave of drug-related violence in recent months.
Michoacan`s forests and mountains are used by drug traffickers to grow marijuana and produce synthetic drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state