Political memoir on Deng Xiaoping to be published
Beijing: In a country where discussing the lives of leaders is a considered a taboo, Chinese for the first time will have an opportunity to read a political memoir of their late leader Deng Xiaoping, as his biography is expected to hit store shelves in the mainland China this year.
Written by former Harvard professor Ezra Vogelm, the book titled "Deng Xiaoping and the Transformation of China," is due to be released in China this year, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the SDX Joint Publishing Company, publisher of the book`s mainland edition as saying.
Deng who took over the leadership of the ruling Communist Party after the founder Mao Zedong`s death has virtually over turned the hard-line Marxian ideology by introducing reforms and opening policies radically changing China`s economic development mainly with Foreign Direct Investment, (FDI) and overseas technology.
It is rare to see Chinese book publishers marketing the books authored by the foreign writers on China`s leaders and politics.
The SDX company recently announced that it has won the right to publish the mainland edition of the book, which is scheduled to debut on January 18, to mark the 21st anniversary of Deng`s 1992 south China tour.
The book, which took Vogel ten years to complete, portrays a transforming China from the perspective of Deng, focusing on the era after the inception of China`s lengthy reform and opening-up drive, Li said.
Vogel is a well-known expert on China, working as the director of the Harvard East Asian Research Centre from 1972 to 1977.
He has written a plethora of books on China, as well as other east Asian countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state