Reading newspaper as punishment for jaywalkers in China
Beijing: Traffic police in China`s Shanghai city have introduced an innovative punishment for jaywalkers -- reading newspaper.
Jaywalkers and drivers of non-motorised vehicles who break traffic regulations in Shanghai can opt to pay a fine or read newspaper coverage of traffic accidents in public, state-run China Daily reported on Sunday.
The punishment has been issued already at peak time in some crossings with more young people preferring to pay the fine and elderly violators choosing to read, the city police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress