Reading newspaper as punishment for jaywalkers in China
Beijing: Traffic police in China`s Shanghai city have introduced an innovative punishment for jaywalkers -- reading newspaper.
Jaywalkers and drivers of non-motorised vehicles who break traffic regulations in Shanghai can opt to pay a fine or read newspaper coverage of traffic accidents in public, state-run China Daily reported on Sunday.
The punishment has been issued already at peak time in some crossings with more young people preferring to pay the fine and elderly violators choosing to read, the city police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj