Reading newspaper as punishment for jaywalkers in China
Beijing: Traffic police in China`s Shanghai city have introduced an innovative punishment for jaywalkers -- reading newspaper.
Jaywalkers and drivers of non-motorised vehicles who break traffic regulations in Shanghai can opt to pay a fine or read newspaper coverage of traffic accidents in public, state-run China Daily reported on Sunday.
The punishment has been issued already at peak time in some crossings with more young people preferring to pay the fine and elderly violators choosing to read, the city police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!