Reading newspaper as punishment for jaywalkers in China
Beijing: Traffic police in China`s Shanghai city have introduced an innovative punishment for jaywalkers -- reading newspaper.
Jaywalkers and drivers of non-motorised vehicles who break traffic regulations in Shanghai can opt to pay a fine or read newspaper coverage of traffic accidents in public, state-run China Daily reported on Sunday.
The punishment has been issued already at peak time in some crossings with more young people preferring to pay the fine and elderly violators choosing to read, the city police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days