Reading newspaper as punishment for jaywalkers in China
Beijing: Traffic police in China`s Shanghai city have introduced an innovative punishment for jaywalkers -- reading newspaper.
Jaywalkers and drivers of non-motorised vehicles who break traffic regulations in Shanghai can opt to pay a fine or read newspaper coverage of traffic accidents in public, state-run China Daily reported on Sunday.
The punishment has been issued already at peak time in some crossings with more young people preferring to pay the fine and elderly violators choosing to read, the city police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai