Russia denies closure of embassy, naval base in Syria
Moscow: Moscow has denied the reports suggesting closure of Russian embassy in the Syria`s capital city and evacuation of a naval base in its second largest port city of Tartus.
"These rumors are speculations and provocations aimed at preparing public opinion for the attempts to change the (Syrian) regime," reported Xinhua citing Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov telling reporters after talks with his Moroccan counterpart Saad-Eddine El Othmani.
The embassy "works as usual as a diplomatic mission," and "is under tense and dangerous conditions", he said, while denying reports about the alleged pending evacuation of the Russian naval logistic base from Tartus.
"The Tartus naval logistics facility operates normally. Evacuation of this base or its personnel is not on the agenda," Lavrov said, adding many outside players have been working to hinder Russian and US efforts to resolve the crisis in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan