Russia denies closure of embassy, naval base in Syria
Moscow: Moscow has denied the reports suggesting closure of Russian embassy in the Syria`s capital city and evacuation of a naval base in its second largest port city of Tartus.
"These rumors are speculations and provocations aimed at preparing public opinion for the attempts to change the (Syrian) regime," reported Xinhua citing Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov telling reporters after talks with his Moroccan counterpart Saad-Eddine El Othmani.
The embassy "works as usual as a diplomatic mission," and "is under tense and dangerous conditions", he said, while denying reports about the alleged pending evacuation of the Russian naval logistic base from Tartus.
"The Tartus naval logistics facility operates normally. Evacuation of this base or its personnel is not on the agenda," Lavrov said, adding many outside players have been working to hinder Russian and US efforts to resolve the crisis in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming