Russia denies closure of embassy, naval base in Syria
Moscow: Moscow has denied the reports suggesting closure of Russian embassy in the Syria`s capital city and evacuation of a naval base in its second largest port city of Tartus.
"These rumors are speculations and provocations aimed at preparing public opinion for the attempts to change the (Syrian) regime," reported Xinhua citing Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov telling reporters after talks with his Moroccan counterpart Saad-Eddine El Othmani.
The embassy "works as usual as a diplomatic mission," and "is under tense and dangerous conditions", he said, while denying reports about the alleged pending evacuation of the Russian naval logistic base from Tartus.
"The Tartus naval logistics facility operates normally. Evacuation of this base or its personnel is not on the agenda," Lavrov said, adding many outside players have been working to hinder Russian and US efforts to resolve the crisis in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog