S Korea warns N Korea against use of nuclear arms
Sydney: A top South Korean general has warned that it will pre-emptively strike against North Korea if it shows intent to use a nuclear weapon.
The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Jung Seung-jo, pledged to act ‘even at the risk of war’.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, it reflected acute concern in Seoul and Washington that Pyongyang is about to cross the threshold to possessing a credible nuclear weapons capability.
North Korea has prepared a bomb for a test that will take place within weeks or even days, Chinese and Western analysts and diplomats have said.
North Korea`s third-generation dictator, Kim Jong-un, may choose his father`s birthday, February 16, to test a ‘larger or more advanced bomb’.
South Korea is the North`s usual rhetorical target, but the US has also been singled out for special treatment, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE