Saudi Arabia newspaper cartoon condemned by Muslims for denigrating beards
Dubai: A controversial cartoon taking a hit to Muslim customs in a Saudi daily has aroused controversy in the country.
Al Watan, a Saudi daily, published a cartoon with a man bearing a long beard that ends with a gun pointing at a target that is not illustrated.
The Gulf News reports that Saudis felt that the reference seemed to be to the Muslim Brotherhood.
According to the report, several Saudis have condemned the cartoon on social networks. They said the cartoon made fun of Muslims who grew beards in line with their religious tradition.
Talal Al Shaikh, editor in chief, reportedly said that the cartoon referred to the so-called Muslims who abuse Islam, terrorize people and kill them in the name of religion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?