Seven killed in China explosion after family dispu
Beijing: At least seven people were killed and 18 others injured in a fatal car explosion triggered by a man seeking revenge following a dispute with his estranged wife over a child custody case.
The incident occurred yesterday when a car blew up outside a home in a village in Zhanjiang, a coastal city in south China`s Guangdong province.
The explosion killed five at the scene and two others died in the hospital today, officials said.
Another 18 villagers were injured, including five who are now in intensive care.
The suspect, surnamed Chen, is among the critically injured and is in a coma.
Before slipping into coma, Chen told police he had driven the car to the scene and deliberately set off the homemade explosives.
The explosion occurred outside the home of the Zhao family, the eldest daughter of which had divorced Chen.
Chen was allegedly seeking revenge following a dispute with the woman over who should take their kids, said Liu.
Most of the victims were relatives of the Zhao family who were visiting for the Lunar New Year holiday.
The explosion damaged several homes in the neighborhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital