Ship carrying US Patriots reaches Turkey
Iskenderun: Two Patriot missile systems from the US have arrived in southern Turkey to be deployed close to the Syrian border.
The US, Germany, and the Netherlands are providing two batteries each to protect Turkey, a NATO ally, from any possible incoming ballistic missiles from Syria, where a brutal civil war has claimed tens of thousands of lives.
The German and Dutch systems have already arrived and much of the batteries are operational.
A US Navy ship carrying the missile systems docked at a Turkish naval base in Iskenderun today.
All six batteries are expected to become fully operational in the coming days.
Turkey has turned into one of the Syrian regime`s harshest critics since the uprising began in March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing