Ship catches fire off China coast, 15 rescued
Beijing: Fifteen of the 16 crewmen on a Panama-registered freighter have been rescued after the vessel caught fire off the east China coast, marine authorities said.
One person was still stranded on the freighter "Hua Shan", Xinhua quoted officials with the maritime safety administration of Shandong province as saying.
The crew are all from South Korea. None of the 15 rescued was injured.
Around 8 pm on Sunday, the Shandong maritime rescue centre received a report that the engine room of the freighter was on fire in waters about 30 km off Chaolian Island, which is 31 km from Qingdao city.
The freighter was carrying 4,000 tonnes of coal.
The sailors boarded the lifeboat and were rescued by a passing ship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi