Six school children injured in knife attack in China
Beijing: In a fresh attack on school children in China, six primary students and a woman were injured when a knife wielding "mentally deranged" man attacked them.
Police captured a suspect who attacked the students and the woman with a knife in south China`s Guangdong Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday.
The suspect, surnamed Liao, was arrested in a grove near the Baiwu village, almost 10 hours after the attack, local police said.
Liao, the 32-year-old suspect living in the village, is believed to be suffering from mental illness, police said.
The suspect is still under police interrogation. He attacked the children in the city of Maoming when they were on their way home in the village yesterday.
The injured are being treated at local hospitals and are said to be in stable condition.
Knife attacks by disgruntled people targeting children in schools have become a norm in China in recent months, prompting the government to step up security in schools.
In December, a man in the central province of Henan hacked and injured 23 schoolchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert