Six school children injured in knife attack in China
Beijing: In a fresh attack on school children in China, six primary students and a woman were injured when a knife wielding "mentally deranged" man attacked them.
Police captured a suspect who attacked the students and the woman with a knife in south China`s Guangdong Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday.
The suspect, surnamed Liao, was arrested in a grove near the Baiwu village, almost 10 hours after the attack, local police said.
Liao, the 32-year-old suspect living in the village, is believed to be suffering from mental illness, police said.
The suspect is still under police interrogation. He attacked the children in the city of Maoming when they were on their way home in the village yesterday.
The injured are being treated at local hospitals and are said to be in stable condition.
Knife attacks by disgruntled people targeting children in schools have become a norm in China in recent months, prompting the government to step up security in schools.
In December, a man in the central province of Henan hacked and injured 23 schoolchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption