Six school children injured in knife attack in China
Beijing: In a fresh attack on school children in China, six primary students and a woman were injured when a knife wielding "mentally deranged" man attacked them.
Police captured a suspect who attacked the students and the woman with a knife in south China`s Guangdong Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday.
The suspect, surnamed Liao, was arrested in a grove near the Baiwu village, almost 10 hours after the attack, local police said.
Liao, the 32-year-old suspect living in the village, is believed to be suffering from mental illness, police said.
The suspect is still under police interrogation. He attacked the children in the city of Maoming when they were on their way home in the village yesterday.
The injured are being treated at local hospitals and are said to be in stable condition.
Knife attacks by disgruntled people targeting children in schools have become a norm in China in recent months, prompting the government to step up security in schools.
In December, a man in the central province of Henan hacked and injured 23 schoolchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves