Six school children injured in knife attack in China
Beijing: In a fresh attack on school children in China, six primary students and a woman were injured when a knife wielding "mentally deranged" man attacked them.
Police captured a suspect who attacked the students and the woman with a knife in south China`s Guangdong Province, state-run Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday.
The suspect, surnamed Liao, was arrested in a grove near the Baiwu village, almost 10 hours after the attack, local police said.
Liao, the 32-year-old suspect living in the village, is believed to be suffering from mental illness, police said.
The suspect is still under police interrogation. He attacked the children in the city of Maoming when they were on their way home in the village yesterday.
The injured are being treated at local hospitals and are said to be in stable condition.
Knife attacks by disgruntled people targeting children in schools have become a norm in China in recent months, prompting the government to step up security in schools.
In December, a man in the central province of Henan hacked and injured 23 schoolchildren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September