Strong earthquake strikes off New Zealand
Invercargill: A strong earthquake has struck off the coast of New Zealand`s South Island, but there are no reports of damage or injuries and no tsunami warning has been issued.
The 6.1-magnitude quake struck Thursday 126 miles (203 kilometres) west of New Zealand`s southernmost city, Invercargill, at a depth of 11 miles (18 kilometres).
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre did not issue an alert.
A devastating quake ravaged the New Zealand city of Christchurch last year, killing 182 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez