Strong earthquake strikes off New Zealand
Invercargill: A strong earthquake has struck off the coast of New Zealand`s South Island, but there are no reports of damage or injuries and no tsunami warning has been issued.
The 6.1-magnitude quake struck Thursday 126 miles (203 kilometres) west of New Zealand`s southernmost city, Invercargill, at a depth of 11 miles (18 kilometres).
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre did not issue an alert.
A devastating quake ravaged the New Zealand city of Christchurch last year, killing 182 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29