Strong earthquake strikes off New Zealand
Invercargill: A strong earthquake has struck off the coast of New Zealand`s South Island, but there are no reports of damage or injuries and no tsunami warning has been issued.
The 6.1-magnitude quake struck Thursday 126 miles (203 kilometres) west of New Zealand`s southernmost city, Invercargill, at a depth of 11 miles (18 kilometres).
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre did not issue an alert.
A devastating quake ravaged the New Zealand city of Christchurch last year, killing 182 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming