Sudan President vows revenge against South Sudan
Khartoum: Sudan`s President has vowed revenge for any attacks by South Sudan against the north`s territory.
Omar al-Bashir says his forces will "chop off any hand" trying to take Sudanese land. He pledged "an eye for an eye" policy against South Sudan in a fiery televised speech, Al-Bashir`s warnings today came a day after South Sudan accused Khartoum of resuming aerial bombardment of the south in violation of international calls for a cessation of hostilities between the two neighbours.
The fighting started last month after South Sudan briefly captured the oil-rich town of Heglig, which is claimed by the north and which Sudan has since retaken.
South Sudan gained independence from Sudan last year but has unresolved issues with the north over oil revenue sharing and the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Skoda Octavia vRS to make its way to India very soon?
- PNB profit more than halves to Rs 306 crore in Q1
- Chennai-bound Oman Air flight makes emergency landing in Goa
- 'Baar Baar Dekho': Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma' breaks all records, rejoices 4.3 million views in 1 day!
- Govt hopes new civil aviation policy will encourage regional connectivity