Syrian army regains town near Damascus
Damascus: The Syrian troops Monday fully recaptured a strategic town north of the capital Damascus, media reported Monday.
Al-Nabek, a town in the rugged al-Qalamoun region north of Damascus, was the latest town in that strategic mountainous region reseized by the Syrian army after the troops dislodged rebels from the adjacent towns of Qara and Deir Attieh, Xinhua reported citing state-run SANA news agency.
The army is hunting down remnants of the rebels in the surrounding orchards of Al-Nabek, which is located on the international road that links the capital Damascus with central province Homs and other northern and coastal Syrian cities, according to SANA.
The clashes in the town have prompted the Syrian troops to close the Damascus-Homs road, resulting in a fuel crisis.
The report spelled no further details whether the road was reopened, but other media reports said the army is still securing the road in order to reopen it soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog