Syrian Army retakes industrial city in Aleppo province
Damascus: The Syrian army has recaptured an industrial city in the northern province of Aleppo, a media report said Friday.
The troops recaptured the city late Thursday in the Sheikh Najjar area on the eastern outskirts of Aleppo city after clashes with the militant group, Nusra Front, Xinhua reported.
The Army is also advancing into other areas in Sheikh Najjar as rebels withdrew from that part of the city.
According to officials, Syrian forces carried out more than 20 airstrikes against the city to dislodge the rebels.
Aleppo, once called Syria`s economic hub, has been plagued by intense battles between government troops and an array of jihadi groups.
The western part of the city is still under government control, while the rebels have seized the eastern part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list