Syrian Army retakes industrial city in Aleppo province
Damascus: The Syrian army has recaptured an industrial city in the northern province of Aleppo, a media report said Friday.
The troops recaptured the city late Thursday in the Sheikh Najjar area on the eastern outskirts of Aleppo city after clashes with the militant group, Nusra Front, Xinhua reported.
The Army is also advancing into other areas in Sheikh Najjar as rebels withdrew from that part of the city.
According to officials, Syrian forces carried out more than 20 airstrikes against the city to dislodge the rebels.
Aleppo, once called Syria`s economic hub, has been plagued by intense battles between government troops and an array of jihadi groups.
The western part of the city is still under government control, while the rebels have seized the eastern part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania