Syrian Army retakes industrial city in Aleppo province
Damascus: The Syrian army has recaptured an industrial city in the northern province of Aleppo, a media report said Friday.
The troops recaptured the city late Thursday in the Sheikh Najjar area on the eastern outskirts of Aleppo city after clashes with the militant group, Nusra Front, Xinhua reported.
The Army is also advancing into other areas in Sheikh Najjar as rebels withdrew from that part of the city.
According to officials, Syrian forces carried out more than 20 airstrikes against the city to dislodge the rebels.
Aleppo, once called Syria`s economic hub, has been plagued by intense battles between government troops and an array of jihadi groups.
The western part of the city is still under government control, while the rebels have seized the eastern part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?