Syrian rebels capture northern town near Turkey
Beirut: Syrian rebels are reported to have captured a northern town near the Turkish border following weeks of intense fighting.
Activists said the rebels captured Harem in Idlib province early Tuesday morning.
"Harem is fully liberated now," Mohammed Kanaan, an Idlib-based activist, said via Skype.
Rebels have taken wide areas along the border with Turkey over the past months.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family
- Mother, nine-month-old toddler found dead in Gurgaon, dowry death suspected
- Trinamool MP likens West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to Mother Teresa, Goddess Saraswati
- BRICS Employment Working Group to meet on July 27-28
- Dozens injured in fresh protests as police foil separatist march in Kashmir