Syrian rebels capture northern town near Turkey
Beirut: Syrian rebels are reported to have captured a northern town near the Turkish border following weeks of intense fighting.
Activists said the rebels captured Harem in Idlib province early Tuesday morning.
"Harem is fully liberated now," Mohammed Kanaan, an Idlib-based activist, said via Skype.
Rebels have taken wide areas along the border with Turkey over the past months.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre