Syrian rebels capture northern town near Turkey
Beirut: Syrian rebels are reported to have captured a northern town near the Turkish border following weeks of intense fighting.
Activists said the rebels captured Harem in Idlib province early Tuesday morning.
"Harem is fully liberated now," Mohammed Kanaan, an Idlib-based activist, said via Skype.
Rebels have taken wide areas along the border with Turkey over the past months.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence