Teach jihad to kids: Al-Zawahiri’s wife to women
Sana’a: The wife of al Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri has congratulated Muslim women for the role they have played in the Arab Spring and urged them to raise their children for jihad.
"I congratulate all Muslim women for these blessed revolutions," The Nation quoted from a letter written by Umaima Hassan Ahmed Mohammed Hassan.
"I advise you to raise your children in the cult of jihad and martyrdom and to instill in them a love for religion and death," she wrote.
In doing so, "each woman would raise her child to be a new Saladin by telling him `it is you who will restore the grandeur of the Islamic nation and you will liberate Jerusalem`."
She also encouraged women to continue to wear the veil and to encourage their husbands and sons to "free the prisoners wherever they are... such as the widows of our martyr Osama bin Laden, who are languishing with their children in a Pakistani prison”.
The last passage indicates that the message was written before bin Laden`s widows and children were expelled from Pakistan at the end of April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed