Teenager pleads guilty to terror charges in UK
London: A 16-year-old boy pleaded guilty on Monday to two terrorism charges in the central English city of Birmingham.
The boy, who cannot be named under British law because he is a minor, admitted to possessing two explosive substances, sulphur powder and potassium nitrate, and to possessing bomb-making books and diagrams, including "The Terrorist Handbook" and a book on how to make the explosive Semtex.
The boy came to the attention of British police after FBI agents passed on an alert they had received from an Internet user in the United States, according to prosecutor Mark Topping.
Topping said the boy had made online postings saying that twenty minutes later he would storm a high school with a handgun and pistol and "shoot until the police arrive and then shoot himself."
The boy also kept a notebook with notes about plans to kill pupils in a school attack, according to Topping.
Consultant child psychologist Dr. John Brian told the court that the boy had never been physically aggressive and that he had been diagnosed with Asperger`s Syndrome shortly after his arrest in February 2012.
The boy has been detained since then under the Mental Health Act and is receiving therapeutic and medical treatment for his condition, Brian said. He was sentenced to a further six months of treatment on Monday by the Birmingham Magistrates Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan