Teenager pleads guilty to terror charges in UK
London: A 16-year-old boy pleaded guilty on Monday to two terrorism charges in the central English city of Birmingham.
The boy, who cannot be named under British law because he is a minor, admitted to possessing two explosive substances, sulphur powder and potassium nitrate, and to possessing bomb-making books and diagrams, including "The Terrorist Handbook" and a book on how to make the explosive Semtex.
The boy came to the attention of British police after FBI agents passed on an alert they had received from an Internet user in the United States, according to prosecutor Mark Topping.
Topping said the boy had made online postings saying that twenty minutes later he would storm a high school with a handgun and pistol and "shoot until the police arrive and then shoot himself."
The boy also kept a notebook with notes about plans to kill pupils in a school attack, according to Topping.
Consultant child psychologist Dr. John Brian told the court that the boy had never been physically aggressive and that he had been diagnosed with Asperger`s Syndrome shortly after his arrest in February 2012.
The boy has been detained since then under the Mental Health Act and is receiving therapeutic and medical treatment for his condition, Brian said. He was sentenced to a further six months of treatment on Monday by the Birmingham Magistrates Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly