The end of world is coming: Julia Gilliard
Sydney: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard has delivered a chilling message confirming the fear that many people around the world shared about the world coming to an end in the year 2012.
Julia Gillard`s 50-second message addresses her "dear remaining fellow Australians". She steps in ahead of CSIRO scientists to foreshadow the world`s impending doom.
According to the Mayan calendar, the world will meet its fiery end on December 21, 2012. Which means that, according to Doomsdayers, everyone has got about 15 days left to check everything off their bucket lists, News.com.au reports.
However, NASA and the US have confirmed saying that the world isn’t going to end in this year.
According to the paper, with clinical, emotionless delivery, Gillard warns all Australian, saying she will always fight for them and closes by saying: "good luck to you all". Oh and "at least this means I won`t have to do Q & A again".
When contacted, the Prime Minister`s office said: "What Australian doesn`t mind a laugh from time to time? Anyway, the world`s going to end tomorrow so shouldn`t you be writing about that?"
It`s Dr Karl Kruszelnicki`s fault the PM is spooked - he came up with the theory the world will end tomorrow, two weeks earlier than the far-more-popular prediction of December 21, the paper said.
Dr Karl, the prolific science writer and author of 50 Shades of Grey Matter, said he came up with the date after developing a complex algorithm using the Mayan calendar, the Gregorian calendar, mathematics, and comedy, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena