Three dead in shootings in California
Porterville: A man suspected of fatally shooting three people and wounding three children, including his two daughters, has died from his injuries in a police shootout, authorities said.
Hector Celaya, 31, died yesterday, several hours after he was wounded during gunfire with Tulare County sheriff`s deputies as he tried to flee in a vehicle.
His death was confirmed by sheriff`s Sgt. Chris Douglass, who did not release details.
Authorities apprehended him early yesterday; about six hours after deputies were called to a trailer on the Tule Indian Reservation on Saturday night.
Inside, they found the bodies of a man and a woman; the body of another man was nearby.
Deputies also discovered a wounded young boy, whose condition and age were not known.
Officials said Celaya shot his two daughters, ages 5 and 8, who were found with him in the vehicle when he was apprehended. One girl suffered life-threatening injuries, while the other girl was less seriously hurt.
A motive for the attacks was not immediately known.
The boy who was wounded is believed to be about 7, said Shelby Charley Jr., an engineer and supervisor with the Tule River Reservation Fire Department.
"This is a once in a lifetime kind of deal," Charley said of the call. "It`s one of those calls you could go your whole career and not walk into. This is one of those calls that will stick with you for the rest of your life."
The winding roads out of the reservation delayed medical help for the boy, Charley said. Thick fog in the area prevented a medical helicopter from responding, he said.
At the scene of the shooting, police tape stretched out across the driveway to three modular homes built on a hillside that appeared to be a family compound. The homes are in a remote area scattered with oak trees and rock outcroppings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'