Tourist bus falls from cliff in China, 3 killed
Beijing: Three women tourists -- two Taiwanese and one Chinese-American -- were today killed when their bus overturned and fell from a cliff in central China`s Hunan Province.
The accident took place at about 11 am when a bus carrying 16 people -- a local driver and tourist guide, six Taiwanese tourists and eight Chinese-American tourists -- on an expressway in Hanshou County of Changde overturned and fell from a 10-metre-high cliff, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the local government as saying in a statement.
It was raining heavily when the accident occurred, according to the statement. The latest figures showed that all the three victims were women while eleven people were injured. The injured were being treated in two local hospitals in Changde.
The bus was heading from the provincial capital Changsha to the Zhangjiajie scenic spot, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra