Tourist bus falls from cliff in China, 3 killed
Beijing: Three women tourists -- two Taiwanese and one Chinese-American -- were today killed when their bus overturned and fell from a cliff in central China`s Hunan Province.
The accident took place at about 11 am when a bus carrying 16 people -- a local driver and tourist guide, six Taiwanese tourists and eight Chinese-American tourists -- on an expressway in Hanshou County of Changde overturned and fell from a 10-metre-high cliff, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the local government as saying in a statement.
It was raining heavily when the accident occurred, according to the statement. The latest figures showed that all the three victims were women while eleven people were injured. The injured were being treated in two local hospitals in Changde.
The bus was heading from the provincial capital Changsha to the Zhangjiajie scenic spot, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi