Tourist bus falls from cliff in China, 3 killed
Beijing: Three women tourists -- two Taiwanese and one Chinese-American -- were today killed when their bus overturned and fell from a cliff in central China`s Hunan Province.
The accident took place at about 11 am when a bus carrying 16 people -- a local driver and tourist guide, six Taiwanese tourists and eight Chinese-American tourists -- on an expressway in Hanshou County of Changde overturned and fell from a 10-metre-high cliff, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the local government as saying in a statement.
It was raining heavily when the accident occurred, according to the statement. The latest figures showed that all the three victims were women while eleven people were injured. The injured were being treated in two local hospitals in Changde.
The bus was heading from the provincial capital Changsha to the Zhangjiajie scenic spot, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj