Tourist bus falls from cliff in China, 3 killed
Beijing: Three women tourists -- two Taiwanese and one Chinese-American -- were today killed when their bus overturned and fell from a cliff in central China`s Hunan Province.
The accident took place at about 11 am when a bus carrying 16 people -- a local driver and tourist guide, six Taiwanese tourists and eight Chinese-American tourists -- on an expressway in Hanshou County of Changde overturned and fell from a 10-metre-high cliff, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the local government as saying in a statement.
It was raining heavily when the accident occurred, according to the statement. The latest figures showed that all the three victims were women while eleven people were injured. The injured were being treated in two local hospitals in Changde.
The bus was heading from the provincial capital Changsha to the Zhangjiajie scenic spot, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday