Tremendous opportunities in India-US ties: Senator
Washington: A high-ranking Republican Senator has said that there are tremendous opportunities for co-operation between India and the US, expressing confidence in the future of the bilateral ties.
Senator Bob Corker, the Republican Ranking Member in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said this during his meeting with Indian Ambassador to the US, Nirupama Rao, on Tuesday, according to an embassy statement issued on Wednesday.
"He spoke of tremendous opportunities in bilateral cooperation and expressed confidence in the future of the relationship," the embassy said.
During the meeting, Corker recalled his visit to India in 2007 and his impressions of India`s rapid economic growth.
Rao congratulated Corker on becoming the Ranking Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in the 113th Congress and spoke of her interest in working closely with him to advance shared interests in the India-US strategic partnership.
She highlighted recent developments in India-US relations, including in the area of bilateral trade and investment, and energy cooperation.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- PHOTO: 'World boss' Chris Gayle with 'Macho boy' Sarfaraz Khan in cool pic
- FDI up 37% after launch of 'Make in India'
- Priyanka Chopra to attend White House Correspondents' dinner
- SHOCKING! 10 year-old-boy beaten up for tearing Trinamool Congress posters
- Pakistan jumps into Kohinoor controversy, says diamond was gifted to England