Tremendous opportunities in India-US ties: Senator
Washington: A high-ranking Republican Senator has said that there are tremendous opportunities for co-operation between India and the US, expressing confidence in the future of the bilateral ties.
Senator Bob Corker, the Republican Ranking Member in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said this during his meeting with Indian Ambassador to the US, Nirupama Rao, on Tuesday, according to an embassy statement issued on Wednesday.
"He spoke of tremendous opportunities in bilateral cooperation and expressed confidence in the future of the relationship," the embassy said.
During the meeting, Corker recalled his visit to India in 2007 and his impressions of India`s rapid economic growth.
Rao congratulated Corker on becoming the Ranking Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in the 113th Congress and spoke of her interest in working closely with him to advance shared interests in the India-US strategic partnership.
She highlighted recent developments in India-US relations, including in the area of bilateral trade and investment, and energy cooperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi