Tremendous opportunities in India-US ties: Senator
Washington: A high-ranking Republican Senator has said that there are tremendous opportunities for co-operation between India and the US, expressing confidence in the future of the bilateral ties.
Senator Bob Corker, the Republican Ranking Member in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said this during his meeting with Indian Ambassador to the US, Nirupama Rao, on Tuesday, according to an embassy statement issued on Wednesday.
"He spoke of tremendous opportunities in bilateral cooperation and expressed confidence in the future of the relationship," the embassy said.
During the meeting, Corker recalled his visit to India in 2007 and his impressions of India`s rapid economic growth.
Rao congratulated Corker on becoming the Ranking Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in the 113th Congress and spoke of her interest in working closely with him to advance shared interests in the India-US strategic partnership.
She highlighted recent developments in India-US relations, including in the area of bilateral trade and investment, and energy cooperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police