Tremendous opportunities in India-US ties: Senator
Washington: A high-ranking Republican Senator has said that there are tremendous opportunities for co-operation between India and the US, expressing confidence in the future of the bilateral ties.
Senator Bob Corker, the Republican Ranking Member in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said this during his meeting with Indian Ambassador to the US, Nirupama Rao, on Tuesday, according to an embassy statement issued on Wednesday.
"He spoke of tremendous opportunities in bilateral cooperation and expressed confidence in the future of the relationship," the embassy said.
During the meeting, Corker recalled his visit to India in 2007 and his impressions of India`s rapid economic growth.
Rao congratulated Corker on becoming the Ranking Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in the 113th Congress and spoke of her interest in working closely with him to advance shared interests in the India-US strategic partnership.
She highlighted recent developments in India-US relations, including in the area of bilateral trade and investment, and energy cooperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar