Tremendous opportunities in India-US ties: Senator
Washington: A high-ranking Republican Senator has said that there are tremendous opportunities for co-operation between India and the US, expressing confidence in the future of the bilateral ties.
Senator Bob Corker, the Republican Ranking Member in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said this during his meeting with Indian Ambassador to the US, Nirupama Rao, on Tuesday, according to an embassy statement issued on Wednesday.
"He spoke of tremendous opportunities in bilateral cooperation and expressed confidence in the future of the relationship," the embassy said.
During the meeting, Corker recalled his visit to India in 2007 and his impressions of India`s rapid economic growth.
Rao congratulated Corker on becoming the Ranking Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in the 113th Congress and spoke of her interest in working closely with him to advance shared interests in the India-US strategic partnership.
She highlighted recent developments in India-US relations, including in the area of bilateral trade and investment, and energy cooperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre