Tunisian jihadists held in Syria
Tunis: Three Tunisian jihadists have been arrested by the Syrian army, Xinhua reported.
According to Shems FM, the three belong to a group of foreign fighters, dubbed "Jibhat Nosrat El Shem", who are supporting the rebel Free Syrian Army against the forces of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
It is estimated that hundreds of Tunisian jihadists are currently fighting against Assad`s troops.
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to various groups. The UN puts the toll at over 18,000 people, while Syrian authorities say 8,000 have died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP