Turkey calls Israel `terrorist state`
Ankara: Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called Israel a "terrorist state" for its offensive in the Gaza strip now in its sixth day.
Erdogan`s comments today came a day after US lawmakers called on Turkey and Egypt to help end the conflict in the Middle East.
Turkey`s Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu is set to join an Arab League delegation that will travel to Gaza to try to broker a cease-fire.
Erdogan accused Israel of inhumane acts at a meeting gathering religious leaders and added: "That is why I say Israel is a terrorist state."
Israel insists the offensive is meant to quell Hamas rocket fire on Israel.
Turkey`s ties to Israel collapsed over a deadly raid by Israeli troops on a Turkish aid ship bound for Gaza in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof