Turkey calls Israel `terrorist state`
Ankara: Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called Israel a "terrorist state" for its offensive in the Gaza strip now in its sixth day.
Erdogan`s comments today came a day after US lawmakers called on Turkey and Egypt to help end the conflict in the Middle East.
Turkey`s Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu is set to join an Arab League delegation that will travel to Gaza to try to broker a cease-fire.
Erdogan accused Israel of inhumane acts at a meeting gathering religious leaders and added: "That is why I say Israel is a terrorist state."
Israel insists the offensive is meant to quell Hamas rocket fire on Israel.
Turkey`s ties to Israel collapsed over a deadly raid by Israeli troops on a Turkish aid ship bound for Gaza in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Happy Birthday AbRam Khan, you are an adorable munchkin! See what daddy Shah Rukh posted
- Nation remembers Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on his 52nd death anniversary
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: SRH vs GL - Second opportunity for Suresh Raina & Co to book final berth
- Two security personnel injured in gunbattle in Baramulla
- Shahid Kapoor's 'Udta Punjab' gets into trouble with Censor Board