Turkey calls Israel `terrorist state`
Ankara: Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called Israel a "terrorist state" for its offensive in the Gaza strip now in its sixth day.
Erdogan`s comments today came a day after US lawmakers called on Turkey and Egypt to help end the conflict in the Middle East.
Turkey`s Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu is set to join an Arab League delegation that will travel to Gaza to try to broker a cease-fire.
Erdogan accused Israel of inhumane acts at a meeting gathering religious leaders and added: "That is why I say Israel is a terrorist state."
Israel insists the offensive is meant to quell Hamas rocket fire on Israel.
Turkey`s ties to Israel collapsed over a deadly raid by Israeli troops on a Turkish aid ship bound for Gaza in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah