Two helicopters collide at Berlin stadium, one dead
Berlin: Two helicopters collided over Berlin`s iconic Olympic Stadium on Thursday leaving one person dead, BBC reported.
The incident took place during a police security exercise for operations against football hooligans, authorities confirmed.
"At least one person was killed and several injured when the two aircraft collided at low altitude during a spring snowstorm," the Berlin fire brigade said in a statement.
However, the German media stated that the casualty was a pilot.
The stadium was the venue for the 1936 Games where four gold medals for African-American athlete Jesse Owens ruined Adolf Hitler`s dreams of Aryan glory for the hosts on the eve of World War II.
German media said hundreds of federal police were conducting an exercise to prepare for operations against violent football fans at the stadium.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February