Two helicopters collide at Berlin stadium, one dead
Berlin: Two helicopters collided over Berlin`s iconic Olympic Stadium on Thursday leaving one person dead, BBC reported.
The incident took place during a police security exercise for operations against football hooligans, authorities confirmed.
"At least one person was killed and several injured when the two aircraft collided at low altitude during a spring snowstorm," the Berlin fire brigade said in a statement.
However, the German media stated that the casualty was a pilot.
The stadium was the venue for the 1936 Games where four gold medals for African-American athlete Jesse Owens ruined Adolf Hitler`s dreams of Aryan glory for the hosts on the eve of World War II.
German media said hundreds of federal police were conducting an exercise to prepare for operations against violent football fans at the stadium.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision
- Tinder rolls out its new feature in India
- Transgenders to soon be categorised as 'third gender', can change gender after sex-change surgery
- 'Don't abandon search', MH370 families plead