Two killed in explosion at Beijing bakery
Beijing: At least two people were killed and 19 others injured when a huge explosion reportedly caused by leaking gas blew up a bakery in downtown Beijing on Wednesday.
The explosion in the Golden Phoenix Bakery store caused extensive damage. Windscreens of several cars parked in the Guangming Road, Dongcheng District, where the bakery is located were damaged.
The explosion resulted in a fire which was subsequently been put off.
Two gas tanks containing 50 kg of liquefied gas have been removed from the scene, state-run Xinhua news agency said. `A witness who heard loud sound of the explosion said, broken glasses were seen flying around injuring people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'