Two killed in explosion at Beijing bakery
Beijing: At least two people were killed and 19 others injured when a huge explosion reportedly caused by leaking gas blew up a bakery in downtown Beijing on Wednesday.
The explosion in the Golden Phoenix Bakery store caused extensive damage. Windscreens of several cars parked in the Guangming Road, Dongcheng District, where the bakery is located were damaged.
The explosion resulted in a fire which was subsequently been put off.
Two gas tanks containing 50 kg of liquefied gas have been removed from the scene, state-run Xinhua news agency said. `A witness who heard loud sound of the explosion said, broken glasses were seen flying around injuring people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why